Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Montana...Days three and four






Here's a slideshow for you all!  Hope you enjoy until I get to the next post.  








I took way more pictures that this slideshow includes, but I posted some of the best shots. Most of the pictures we have are mostly of landscapes. 


Sunday we went to services at the Hamilton church.  There are about 50 members and it sure was a great group of Christians.  One of my favorite people was the former preacher's wife (he passed away last year), Sarah Bagley.  She is a gem of a woman.  I am going to try to get a picture of her on Wednesday night.  (tomorrow)  We had services at 10:00 and 11:00 then we had a FABULOUS pot luck, then had a singing service at 2:00.  After services we went to the Ravalli County Museum in Hamilton.  There is a wealth of history there about everything from Lewis and Clark to the local indian tribes to the random farming tools used...etc.  After that we hung out at Papa and Deedee's home.


Monday, yesterday, we had a FULL breakfast at Papa's and then went to Darby, a small city outside of Hamilton.  This is where we did a little antique shopping and sight seeing.  Most of the sight-seeing we did was outside of Darby.  It was where we saw all the animals in the slideshow.  I loved those horses, they came right up to us.  (I wish I would have had an apple or something to give them...) 


We at lunch at a little cafe there and I ate a BUFFALO burger. (I didn't tell the big buffalo that, though) It was sooooooo good.  I am certain that it is my favorite form of ground meat now.  I had it with mushrooms and onions also, so it made it even more succulent.  YUMMY.   I would recommend Buffalo meat to anyone who visits.  It is NOT gamey tasting.  It's very close to beef, but has a less fatty taste.  Plus, it was prepared well!  After lunch we went back to town and did a little more shop-seeing until everything closed.  For dinner we went back to Deedee's and had some tasty vittles and then played Chicken Foot dominoes until after 10:00.  


All in all it's been a fun trip, I'm already sad to see the week fly by.  I've yet to make a snow angel, but I did make a snowman (miniature version) yesterday.  Uncle Mike has it on his camera so I'll have to get it on here next time.

Much love you you all.
~K~

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am jealous- especially about the skiing. I have always wanted to try that. By the way- in response to one of your previous posts- I am also a major Boortz fan. I really love Sean Hannity and I waited four hours once when I was pregnant to get him to sign his book for me. Have you heard of him? Anyways- continue to have a great trip!

Nancy Hood said...

I am so happy that you and Brian and everyone can experience this! I lived in Denver during the last part of '78 and into the first half of '79. The snow is so much better than the Smokies!! One of my dreams is to get Johnny and our family out to Snowbird, Utah and spend a week with snow!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. It making me oh so jealous!!