Saturday, April 5, 2008

Brian's Birthday and a few other pics




Brian jumped the big 30 hurdle this weekend. He ages well, still looking not a day older than 29! ;) Leslie and Ty babysat Helen over night Friday so that we could go out for dinner and a movie and still get to sleep in on Saturday!! (How cool are they?!) We had Longhorn's Flo's Filet (the best steak in existence) and saw 21, a movie about some MIT students who go to Vegas and count cards. It's a very good flick. Pretty clean, rated P-13. It's like Ocean's Eleven meets Rainman. Interesting combo huh...




Anyway, it was a fun night. He also was given a fabulous gift: the entire Seinfeld series on DVD.




Saturday was great. We got up around 8:00 and had pancakes for breakfast. Brian went outside and worked in his shed and I worked feverishly to clean the house. Most of what I did was clean baseboards and scrap white paint flecks off my hardwood floors at the baseboards. (Side note: we moved into our house a year and a half ago, and I've yet to get to this. Either beacause of keeping up with Helen or sheer lack of interest....) I had to scrape them all up with my fingernails. Yeah... But it's all clean and fleckfree and I feel GREAT! After that I mopped the hardwood and then Brian used our orbital and buffed it to a beautiful shine! (Thanks ORECK!)




After cleaning, we got ready and went to Ty and Leslie's for dinner and cookie cake! MMM!! Here are some pictures of the kids playing while we were there.








I know it's a little out of focus, but he's still got the cutest dimples! His mommy has them too!







Helen being a goofball.







She turned the gliding ottoman over and was pushing it with mad fury but with a huge smile! I wish I had a video instead of a still shot because this was hilarious! See Brian in the back laughing at her! She was going as fast as her little arms would let her!






Partners in crime, Leah and Rudy. Mimi's puppies!





This is from Friday night when she stayed over with Leslie. She always gets the best pictures of Helen. I love this one!







Helen on Nathan's trike. She can't reach the pedals, but she still knows how to make it go! LOL!







They had a blast playing the floor with Nathan's Shrek blanket! They put it over each other's heads and walked around, then they started wiggling all over the floor on it! Too fun.






Mommy shot! Good picture Leslie! You can't even tell she took it! Isn't she pretty!?!?!




These last shots are for Mimi. She bought these kitty pajamas for Helen. I tought her what "the kitty says" and she went around saying "Eeeooow." She was on fire that night and would NOT hold still for me to get a shot. These are some of the best ones. Enjoy!






I love this one!
She looks like she's dancing the jig!

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B-RIAN!!!!! I hope that you had a great one and as I always like to tell you... WAR EAGLE!!!!! Great pictures missy!

Nancy Hood said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! and Kristy, the snapshots are too cute! I enjoyed reading about your weekend. Glad you two got some alone time!! Yay, Leslie!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! LOVE the pictures of Helen. She looks like her Aunt Leslie in the one that Leslie took. Have a great week!

Haley said...

AWWW! HAPPY BDAY BRIAN! HELEN IS TOO CUTE! (AS ALWAYS)

Chad said...

Happy Birthday to Brian. I'm glad to hear that 21 is good. I want to go see that pretty bad. I'm sure it will make me want to go back to Vegas though. :)

Trudy Ingram said...

Happy (late) Bday Brian! I love that last pic of Helen!! I think Brodie is dancing a jig right along with her!!! haha.