Thursday, August 28, 2008

Turbo...? Not so much


When I ordered this little beauty (Bissell Turbo Sweep) at walmart.com, I was impressed by the number of great reviews that it had. I wanted a quite little electric sweeper to pick up Cheerios and whatever else Helen drops so I didn't have to drag out the big vacuum. I got this for my office, actually. Well, it DOESN'T WORK. Contrary to the reviews, (of course there were some that do agree with me) it doesn't "suck" like it's supposed to. I tried to vacuums up some thyme I spilled in the floor (you know the herb that weighs NOTHING) and it took like forty passes to get it cleaned up. What kind of vacuum has so little suction that it won't pick up HERBS!


Ok, I'm done ranting.


The good thing is, that this little vacuum is the best thing for HELEN! I let her go around and play use it. She loves to push (and pull) it around and clean like mommy. Toy vacuums are fun, but this one beats them all. Even though this "real" one doesn't work very well, it is somewhat functional AND it's a kid pleaser! Who knew?


But here's the question, do I give it a good grade for being a good toy or a bad grade for being a rotten sweeper?


PS. I HAVE A NEW HELEN POST. SEE NEXT.

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hmmm... good question! Call me a negative Nelly, but I'd give a bad grade for being a lousy sweeper, since... well it was intended to sweep, and not as a toy, right? So the intentions of the product, not so good!

But at least Helen likes it!

Kim said...

Try the Shark Cordless Sweeper... I love mine!

Trudy Ingram said...

This is what you do,..
Step One: Go to Dollar General. Step Two: Buy a cute floor mat for $1 (duh), and place it over the dirty floor.
Step Three: Go about your daily business until new dirt appears on the cute floor mat.
Step Four: Start over again at step one. Repeat as necessary.

Okay, so I'm not really THAT bad of a housekeeper (i heard that snickering, dan!). Maybe you should ask Ursula for floor cleaning appliance suggestions. She always has the niftiest stuff.

I LOVE YOU!! :)