Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A mini birthday

Having a birthday on December 23rd, Helen will never have a birthday party that is not surrounded by red and green, santa claus, jingle bells, and regrets to her RSVPs. This year her big party is mid-January because there was no weekend in December to have her party (because of christmas events), and the preceding two weekends were for traveling.

So in order to celebrate, with her two BFFs (me and her daddy), we had a small party on her actual birthday with just the three of us. She got a balloon and a small mickey and we had little mickey cupcakes! She'd just gotten up from her nap when we had the surprise but she did seem to enjoy it. She did really well blowing out the candles...without spitting on them like some do. :)

I still can't believe that she's already two.




3 comments:

Chad said...

Happy Birthday to her! I don't know why, but I had no idea her birthday was the same day as Crystal's.

Crystal said...

I love having a birthday so close to Christmas. I get presents for days and days. Mom and Dad always made a point to keep my birthday separate and apart from the Christmas festivities. The only bad things is I have double the clothes for winter than summer.

I am glad we share that day. I hope she has the best party when you do celebrate it. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Helen! I can't believe she is two either. I love her so much and hope she had a GREAT day!