Monday, February 25, 2008

A River Runs Through It...

Brad Pitt sure did make a great Paulie in that film, didn't he? I had such a crush on that character, imperfections and all. :) For so long--not just because of Brad Pitt--that movie was my all time favorite movie. I just loved the entire plotline of the movie, the setting, the flow, everything.

It was because of that movie that I have always wanted to go visit Montana and learn how to be a fly fisherman. The scenery in the movie was so romantic and serene that it just made my heart happy. Well, this Friday I will have my chance: I'M GOING TO MONTANA!

It's going to be colder than I've ever experienced cold in my lifetime, but it's going to be so great and I'm extremely excited and thankful! Instead of fly fishing, (due to the sub-freezing temperatures), we'll likley be going downhill skiing instead. Brian's grandparents are in Hamilton, Montana doing some missionary work for a local congregation, filling in as a full-time minister. We are going to visit them and take our "big" vacation this year. Brian and I are going with Brian's mom and dad. We'll be leaving ATL on Friday and will be coming back on Thursday evening the next week. Helen won't be going with us, but will be with my mom the entire week. Please pray for our safety in transit. Flying is not, in any way, something that I enjoy doing. Pray that I don't have a nervous breakdown too.

The top three things on the group's list to do while we are there are: (1) Visit Papa and Deedee, (2) Visit Yellowstone, and (3) Go skiing (and not kill ourselves doing it).

Here is a list of things I, personally, would like to do while we are there: (not in any order)
1. Dog sledding -- is that weird that I want to do that?
2. See a real live moose, elk, and bison -- and live to tell about it (I hear none of these are friendly).
3. Build a snowman -- never done it. Nope, never.
4. Make snow angels with Brian
5. Go on a Lewis and Clark trek, where they went, what they saw, etc.
6. Hike a new trail everyday
7. Shop
8. Go ice skating on a real frozen pond/lake/body of water (not an indoor rink)
9. And of course, visiting g-parents, yellowstone, and skiing. (that goes without saying)

Anyway, I may not be blogging until we return. I am unsure if we will have internet access while we are there. But if we do, you can bet your britches I'll be uploading some serious pictures for you all to see. Check back Saturday evening to know for sure. Much love to you all! Thanks, in advance, for the prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what???? I love you and your blogger!!!!

Nancy Hood said...

Oh I am sooo envious!! Montana is a dream trip Johnny & I have held for too many years now. Each time we get the money, we have ended buying a new home. ha ha Every time!! BUT, we still hold that dream and intend to do just what you are doing this weekend!!! Yay for you!! And personally, I'm glad you and Brian aren't taking Helen. She'll be spoiled just fine by a granny and the two of you will have some time together in a snowy wonderland!! Girl, you are so totally blessed!!

Unknown said...

How fun! Be careful!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Chad said...

AWESOME!!!! Sounds like you guys will have a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it.

CL said...

Girl, I'm a little jealous :). But I hope that ya'll have a GREAT time!! Can't wait to hear about it and see some pics!!

Teale said...

That sounds like SO much fun! I love to ski... it's beautiful up there.

Haley said...

I wish we were going! LUCKY!!!!!! I hope u guys g=have fun.... tell Papa and DeeDee hello for us!