Saturday, February 23, 2008

This is how my little girl sleeps. She's slept in this postion since she could pull her legs underneath her body. You'd think she'd lose feeling of her legs (or her arms) being this way all night long. I've tried turning her over and she doesn't like that at all. She'll sleep on her side for a while, but never on her back, and eventually she'll make it all the way back over to laying on her head. Some nights I've checked on her and her head will be buried in the corner of her crib with that little bootie sticking up. That bootie...how cute can you get.
On this particular day, I went to wake her up so we could go to the store and she didn't move when I walked into the room. So I went to get the camera and as soon as I snapped the above picture, the sound "clicked" and woke her up. She looked up at me like, "Mommy, c'mon, what are you doing? I'm trying to sleep here!"

When she realized I had a camera pointed at her, she decided to make her "big stretch." Cheese...such a cheese. She did that for like 10 seconds (with that little grin) and then decided she'd get up to see me.


This is what I got when she stood up. Yeah, even more cheese.

This is just before I picked her up out of her crib, she was about to get fiesty. She was tired of the crib, tired of the camera, and tired of me avoiding picking her up. She's not very tolerant of and patient with the camera unless she's got it in her hand (once she's finished posing, of course).

I've come to the conclusion that my daughter is a diva. She's constantly got a necklace around her neck. She has two sets of beads that she wears. I don't have a picture of it (figures) but this picture will work. This is Emily's purse (her babysitter). She decided that she wanted it and that she wanted to wear it...like a necklace. You can't really see it in this picture, but her purse is SUPER trendy. It's got little multi-colored hearts on it with a little "belt" closure and it's "Roxy" brand. Helen knows it's just her style already. I'm going to have one bling-ified little rascal running around here.

I can't deny that I love her beng divalicious; I think it's adorable that she likes to be girly. I like being girly too, I just don't have the money or the taste to do it. When I'm a millionaire, I'll get a personal stylist to dress me. Until then, I'll live vicariously through Helen and hopefully I won't encourage any bad habits.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh she is just beautiful! I could eat her up. How fun ~ I would LOVE to have a little girl to be girly with...maybe one day :) My boys are fun, but definitely boys!

CL said...

Divalicious! LoL!! I love it! Those pictures are adorable!! That's how T sleeps too. All balled up. So funny!!

Kelly said...

Jenna STILL sleeps like that at times. And Jenna is trying to write the book on divalicious!

Kelly said...

Only TWO necklaces? Jenna's room looks like she held up a Mardi Gras parade! In the party favor section at stores you can buy them in packs of 5 +.

Haley said...

I LOVE IT! HOW CUTE!

Teale said...

So cute! You should cook up a 'Diva' party for her 2nd...

Nancy Hood said...

love the new look!