Tuesday, February 5, 2008

MySpace Funny Pictures and Graphic Comments at hatedrama.com


Today has been a day. The past few days have tested my patience and my ability as a mother. Helen, my beautiful daughter, is a red-headed little fireball and has always kept me on my toes, literally and figuratively. Today and yesterday, however, has made me wonder if I'll ever make it to the "terrible twos" let alone through them.


MySpace Funny Pictures and Graphic Comments at hatedrama.com


I've felt like this guy all day long. My eyebrows are almost stuck in the "I MEAN IT" position. I've said "no," "stop," "quit," "don't do it, " and "no ma'am" at least 100 times today. I've popped her at least half as many times because I usually give her a second chance, so that sucks too. It seems like she is intentionally disobeying me and defiant just to be so. LIKE A TEENAGER! Now, I'm not looking for sympathy here, just venting that it is really hard staying mad all day. (For those readers out there, I am a part-time bookkeeper and Helen comes with me everyday. So I am doing this at work, or at home, depending on the day). I got maybe 3 hours of work done today, including the time she was napping.


MyHotComments.com




My blood pressure was so high this afternoon when Brian got home I had to lay down and rest for 45 minutes before I could make dinner. Not only did he take Helen and let me have the time alone, but he straightened up the house and took out the trash. (That's not unusual for him, but today it made my heart happy!)


Today I've learned I need more patience and also more understanding of "love." I say I love Helen, but I don't feel like I showed her love being mad and the strict disciplinarine all day. How do you balance it. I mean, I discipline because I love her, but how far is too far for a 13 month old? What do I do to make her understand? Is consistency all that I have on my side? This mothering thing is hard, but worth while. I get a few hugs at night and a kiss every-now-and-then. (She's stingy with those)

I'm sending out a universal prayer request and hope that if any of your professionals out there have any advise....send it my way.

4 comments:

Haley said...

YAY! This makes it so much easier to keep up with what you guys are doing!

Katie said...

I am so happy that you are blogging!! If it makes you feel any better I do the same thing!!! Hannah is a big talker and she is now telling me and Josh to "stop-it." I guess she has heard that a few times! :0) It is frustrating! I know you are a wonderful mother. I think they just test the waters to see where they stand. Once they understand I think it will get better - I hope!

Unknown said...

It was SO hard to find that medium with Ian...I still feel like we're too hard sometimes, but on the flip side, you don't want them turning out like so many little "heathens" you see out at stores, etc. I'm almost afraid that we're too easy on Noah sometimes. Just hang in there and do what your heart tells you to do :)

Kim said...

I love you so much Kristy! You are a wonderful Mommy and Helen really is a sweet heart she just knows how to push your buttons. Call me if you need me. I know you just left but I miss you so much! (((HUGS)))