Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend 2008

We went to Prattville this weekend to visit PawPaw and DeeDee Pendley, Brian's mother's parents. The easter bunny came to visit Helen while we were there, but it was very anti-climactic. She really just didn't care who the stuff came from and hardly cared that she had a present.

Helen got to visit with Mimi and PawPaw (Brian's Parents) when we went to Montgomery for dinner on Saturday night. Helen was so excited to see Mimi and to visit with her. She just loved on her and played with her. It was just dinner, but I know Helen had fun.

Sunday they came to Prattville to church with us. Again, Helen enjoyed Mimi. She can't say the word Mimi yet, but she knows who Mimi is and smiles with glee when she sees her or hears her name.

I believe she's even becoming very attached to Mimi's mom who we call DeeDee. We stayed with them this weekend and on multiple occasions when she would look at DeeDee she would smile, wave, and say "HEY." Helen also discovered a new favorite thing while visiting with Deedee...a swing. Here's a picture of she and DeeDee on the swing. She doesn't swing long, but she loves it.




She's trying to get on it without help. She might have made it up on her own, but I didn't let her try it just yet. (BTW, she's 15 months old today)



Sunday came and Helen got to wear her new dress. She stole the heart of her Daddy...again. They did a little self-photography while I was getting ready. Then, of course, she and I had to have a photo too...







Helen's uncle Eric (youth minister for the Prattville church) and aunt Haley (his fabulous wife) came home several hours early from the Lads to Leaders convention to see Helen this morning. They woke up earlier than normal humans should on Sunday morning to drive back to Prattville from Atlanta. That meant to much to me. They didn't get to spend much quality time with her between church, lunch, and nap time, but I had to put a shout out for them on here because it was such a wonderful thing for them to think of her and make such an effort to spend time with her. Thanks Ricket.

Helen learned how to do two new things this weekend too. Well, I noticed them for the first time this weekend anyway...

-----She learned to whistle. She didn't mean to do it, but when she did it we made a big deal out of it so she knows it was something cool that she did. She only does one sound, she's no Andy Griffeth or anything, but she's totally got that one noise down. If I had had my camera, you'd be looking at a picture. I'll get it....don't fret.

-----She learned to say "Bible." It wasn't prompted, she just pointed to a bible a lady was holding and said Buy-Bouw. To me, that it such a sweet word to come from the mouth of such a young child. Those are the kinds of words I hope she learns first. Way to go Essie Mae! (Her regular Bible class teacher)



tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

8 comments:

Trudy Ingram said...

Blogs like this just make my heart so happy! I miss you Ninja Turtle!

Unknown said...

It was so good to see your beautiful family this weekend! Did the picture of Helen and Noah turn out at all??? Next time y'all are in town we need to have y'all over for dinner and let them get to know each other :)

Haley said...

We wouldn't have missed it for the world! We were so happy to see you guys! Helen is getting so BIG! I wish we could have spent more time with you guys!

Crystal said...

I love the pictures. The pillowcase dress is the cutest. =)

Chad said...

What a beautiful family.

Teale said...

Love her dress! That is precious!

Nancy Hood said...

I'm so glad you had Easter pictures! You're the first on my list of friends that had any up! I know Jenny does, but I love seeing others, too! Helen is such a dollbaby!

Katie said...

Helen is so beautiful! I love her dress. You are right - it is so sweet to hear words like Bible come out of their mouths. That means you are doing your job right! :0)