Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Daddy's water

We finally broke out the swimming pool Monday night and filled it up for Helen. We should have done it long before now, but we've been so busy, there's really been no time. Well, she totally knows what a pool is, but didn't call it a pool, instead called it "water."

"That's right baby, this IS water. It's your swimming pool. Whose pool is this?"

"Daddy's water?" she said sort of puzzled

"No baby, this is Helen's water. It's a POOL, for you to swim in."

"POO, WIM IN POO!!!!" Yep....that's right, she wims in poo.

Some cute pics to follow. Enjoy!


I tried to teach her the motions of paddling and kicking. She sort of got it. Since the pool sits on a grade, there is a really shallow end and a less shallow end. She actually ended up pushing herself across the pool. I was surprised that she let her legs float while her arms pushed. She crawled around most of the time! :)


She was so thrilled that I put some of her bath toys in the water with her! She really enjoyed being able to splash and dump water all over the place. Her favorite thing to do was to dump the water out of the pool. She also figured out that if you push the sides of the pool down into the water it makes for a fun time....GRR. I had to threaten to pop her if she kept doing it to get her to stop. She was determined that all of the water should be on the grass.

I call this shot "mini - Heisman."

Every single time she'd fall she'd land like this. She would sit in the same place she fell and cackle and giggle like she was being tickled.

Last but not least, a twisted mouth close up. I'm not sure what she was about to say, but it sure made her mouth wonky.


Bedtime note:
I was putting Helen to bed tonight, as I do every night. We have our routine: Milk, lambie, read books, say our prayers, and lay in bed. I went through our routine and began to tell her good night. I told her I loved her and was about to put her into her bed, when she said "God?" What does that mean, right? (normally she starts the tears at this point) Nope, it didn't take me long to realize that she meant that she wanted us to "talk to God," as I often refer to prayer time. How sweet and innocent that this little one remembered her Lord. She couldn't say the prayer, but she knew I could and reminded Mommy to do it. What a girl, what a soul. It's no wonder Jesus asks us to be as little children...
tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

4 comments:

Chad said...

The bedtime note really touched my soul. I love children and the way they think.

Kim said...

I am glad that you are the kind of Mommy that even though they days can be tiring and long you always spend the extra minutes witih Helen. I think that is so important. I cherish my goodnights....they slip by so fast.

Leslie said...

It almost looks like she's snorkling in the first pic! We'll have to come over for a swimming party... Remember the pics of last year in the pool? WOW! How the kids have grown..

Anonymous said...

ok your bedtime story had me tearing up. how sweet is that. the pictures are tooo cute!!! you are such a great mommy!