Monday, July 21, 2008

Our visitor (Rated PG--for sensitive viewers)

Brian and Helen were looking outside one evening before bedtime and Helen saw this little fella had come for a visit.

"Nake" she said.

"Yes that is a snake baby. Good job! ...KRISTY!! Come over here and hold her and watch where it goes. I'm gonna have to kill it" (This coming from someone who HATES with deep passion, any kind of snake)


This is the up close and personal shot I got as it wandered into our flowerbed next to the door. As I snatched up the curtain near the flowerbed so Helen and I could watch it, he stopped, dead halt, staring at us. I think he knew we couldn't get to him because he didn't jump at us, but he wouldn't take a chance at releasing is gaze.



Ugly fella....


This is what came around the corner at him. His gaze was fixed as well. LOL! Pretty intense for a guy who hates snakes. One wack of that shovel and it was over. That snake didn't have a chance. Helen didn't see her Daddy kill the snake, but I did. It wasn't pretty, but he wasn't taking any chances with missing it.


After he came back inside we got on the internet and found that it was a copperhead. They are pretty common in GA and only lethal to very small children if the snake is full grown. Thank the Lord Helen saw it through the window and not face to face.

(this is my second post for today, check out the next one too)


tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! That is scary! My sister was bitten my a copperhead when we were kids and she almost died. I am so happy Helen was not outside and decided to play with it. Also, where there is one, there is usually another so keep an eye out.

Unknown said...

EEK!!!!! That gives me chills. I hate, hate, HATE snakes!!!! Watching them in movies gives me the heebies and seeing them in the reptile house is AWFUL! I'm always afraid the glass is going to break while I'm in there and they're going to eat me.

So glad that y'all were inside when you spotted it and that Brian was able to get it.

We had one come up to our back door at our old house {luckily is was non-poisonous}, but we found out at the time that there is some powder type stuff you can buy at Lowe's and sprinkle around the perimeter of your yard to help keep the snakes away.

Kim said...

LOL that picture of Brian made me laugh out loud.....

I wonder if he would whack a shark for you? And if so, what tool would he use LOL

Chad said...

That gave me the heebs just looking at it. I was just sitting here imagining what would have happened if Brian had swung and missed it. If he's like me he would have screamed like a school girl and ran.

Nancy Hood said...

I knew when I saw your pic that the head was triangular and that's trouble with capital letters!! Yikes, ditto to Jen's statements about snakes. ugh