Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flippin and Flowin

Just a fun pic of Helen and Daddy flipping. Helen climbs up, then she holds herself upside down for a few seconds and then flips over, landing on her feet. They have such fun! She loves to flip and ride our backs...or shoulders.




Something funny that happened today:

Brian called the house to chat for a second about this and that. I let Helen talk to him for a few seconds. She put the phone up to her head and because her mouth was so close to it, Brian couldn't understand. He said, "Helen, I can't understand you baby, hold your mouth away from the phone a little bit." Well, she gives me the phone and proceeds to physically HOLD her mouth with her hand. She grabbed her bottom jaw and walked away! LOL! HAHAH! Bless her sweet innocence.


Something funny that happened last week while I was keeping Nathan:

We are in the process of potty training. Helen has a small potty in her bathroom, but sometimes she likes to use the big potty. This particular time, she wanted to use the big potty when I took her to the bathroom. Of course, Nathan was in tow. As I was pulling down Helen's pants to put her up there, Nathan tells me that he has to peepee too! Since Helen was on the big potty, I told Nathan to wait just a second for Helen to finish or to use the little potty. Well, he wanted to do NEITHER. He HAD to peepee right then and in the big potty. So Helen had just gotten settled on the potty when Nathan immediately drops his drawers and proceeds to walk up to the same toilet to pee. Note he is just barely too short that he is unable to position "his parts" correctly to ring it. So as I finish saying, "wait just a second or use the little potty," he has a steady stream a flowin'. So whilest I am keeping Helen from being peed on and from falling INTO the toilet, I am deflecting pee (with the not-so-free hand) from getting all over the floor, the bathtub, and Nathan. All this going on at once...you can imagine how it turned out. Yep: Pee on the tub, pee on the floor, pee on Helen, a little bit IN the toilet, and A LOT OF IT ON ME! That potty break took quite a bit longer than the norm. All I could think of during this entire encounter was Brian and Leslie's childhood story I like to call "Just Scoot Up." HAHA! What a day.


Guess it could be worse.


7 comments:

Trudy Ingram said...

First of all,.. I LOVE your "mama face" in this blog! I can totally see you saying "You can use the little potty, or wait your turn!" haha. You're such a great mommy and aunt- I hope I'm as patient as you are when my time rolls around (nope, that was NOT an announcement for those of you keeping score at home). Second of all, it was GREAT to talk to you today! i love you and hope we can see each other soon!

Haley said...

hahahaha... too funny! Love your pic!

Kristen said...

oh man. Helen is adorable! holding her mouth! and WOW! what a bathroom fiasco! hahaha!

I love the picture, by the way! It's so adorable! I hope we can get together soon!

Unknown said...

Can't even imagine...

Check out my blog for your award I just gave you :)

Kim said...

That is crackin' me up! So funny! I miss you btw!

Anonymous said...

Kristy, that is so funny. Me and Kim are sitting here reading it. You crack us up. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Nancy Hood said...

Jenny and Kirk liked to use the potty together and it wasn't always a clean time either ;) they either both wanted to stand to pee or sit and pee.