Thursday, November 20, 2008

A promise

Last Saturday the Lord blessed us to see a most magnificent creation:
I know that a rainbow is not a "miracle" but because they are so rare to see, when I do see one, I smile. Not just because it's beautiful, but because I know why it's there. God made a promise to Noah and that reminder has lasted thousands of years! (Gen 9:11-17) Can you imagine what Noah thought about seeing a rainbow? He'd just gotten used to the idea of rain and then THIS--a promise by our Creator that what he'd just suffered would never happen again. Ah....what relief that must have been every time he saw one.
The rainbow is a promise that the Earth would not be destroyed by water again, but it reminds me of another promise God has made to us. He gave us Jesus and promised us that through the blood of Christ we are saved from our sins. Through baptism we come into contact with that blood and are given remission of sins. And as long as we are obedient to His Word and live faithful lives, we will not be destroyed when Christ comes again!
Heb 10:1-25; Mark 16:15-16; Rev 2:10
What a promise! What a God! What a blessing!

****Be sure to see the next post****

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When mom was in the hospital I was on my way home from Birmingham one day, completely downtrodden from all of the strain. And there it was - a simple, beautiful rainbow. Rainbows have NEVER looked the same to me since.

**I actually posted a couple of months ago about rainbows.

Love you girl ~

Haley said...

SO TRUE! Isn't God AMAZING!

Trudy Ingram said...

I needed this today. Thanks! Love you!

Katie said...

Kristy - you do not know how much this made my day today. I needed it in the worst kind of way. Thank you for sharing!

Nancy Hood said...

Jenny shared her story with me and I've never looked at them same since, either. What an awesome God we serve, and thank you for reminding us :)

Anonymous said...

What a post! That just made me proud to be a Christian. I love you girl and thank you for that lift today

Sara Beti said...

That was so lovely. God IS amazing.
love your blog.
come visit me if u get a chance:
http://ssparklingdiamond.blogspot.com/
cheers
*Sara*