Sunday, June 8, 2008

Love



I was watching a re-run of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition tonight about the Stockdale family and their four children all of which have a rare (extremely long and hard to pronounce) disease that is incurable. The parents, Ryan and Karia, cannot be any older than Brian and me and they have so much courage and love--not just for their children, but for one another as well. Their story was heartbreaking, but inspiring at the same time. While watching this show, I thought about the tag (which I've fulfilled below) that I received from several of you. It is so hard to sum up one's life in six simple words, but I think I've come up with something that is appropriate for my past and present, but mostly my future. Hopefully we can live and love everyday to its fullest in the same way that the Stockdale family does. May the Lord continue to bless you all!



The Six Word Memoir


This idea came from the book by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser called Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure . The book is a compilation that is based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his entire life in just six words. His words? For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.




Here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir.


2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.

4. Tag five more blogs with links.

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!



My six words, not very original, but potent just the same:


The greatest of these is love




I don't stop and take a moment to breathe in the beauty and simplicity of life. God made it easy, we make it hard. I hope I can remember the greatest and most fundamental gift He has given and pay it forward to all those whom I love the most.

Thank you Kelly, Kim, and Katie for tagging me.

I now tag:

Tasha - As Our Alyssa Grows

Trudy - Dan and Trudy

Carol Leah - Word From the Motherbug

Haley - The Gray Family

Liz - The Johnston Five


tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

5 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

what a sweet, sweet pic!! love your memoir :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Love you ~

Chad said...

I love that picture of you and Helen.

Katie said...

That's too sweet and I have to tell you we apparently have alot in common. Matt and I use that quote "the greatest of these is love" on alot. He gave me a note back when we were dating that had that verse and ever since then it has been our theme for life. Our wedding was even that theme! So, I absolutely LOVE your memoir!! Also, the three of us that tagged you, this is totally random, but those are the names of me and my sisters; Kelli, Kim, and Katie. Sorry, just thought that was neat!

Haley said...

I have done mine if any of you in blog-land would like to see it! Thanks for tagging me!