Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday...seemed like a Monday all day long

I've been up since 5:45AM and we're pushing midnight by now. I'm sure by the end of this post, it'll be well into Friday morning. I hope you all are sleeping well.

I've prayed a lot today. I'm not saying that in a prideful way, but today my patience has been worn very thin and it was the only way I know to make it through these kind of days.

Not that there has been any horrible or tragic things going on today...just a day when one's body and mind is pushed harder than normal. God is good. I'm alive, my family is well and safe, and He continues to give me strength to make it until the next sunrise. I hope you all can say the same...

Here are some fun pics from tonight:


After her bath she wanted to play with my old jewelry box I put in her room for her treasures. She has bows and barettes in there for now. She is so excited about her box. She let me, or made me, put all the bows and clips in her hair. Then I showed her how to look at herself in the mirror of the lid on the jewery box.... what small things make a child smile! ISN'T SHE CUTE!












(She'd look in the mirror and say "BOO!" and then cackle up a storm!)




Last, but not least, and after I brushed her teeth....




DADDY GAVE HER AN OREO!








tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the 1st picture. The smile on her face is beautiful!

Haley said...

I think i would have to hurt brian for the oreo thing... lol but im sure helen loved it!

Chad said...

That is what good daddy's do. No worries I will be doing the same type of thing with MoJo.

Nancy Hood said...

Good 'ole dad! Stop by 'my place' to get your award!!