Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camp

We did so much in such a short amount of time at camp two weeks ago I can barely recount it all in one day, let alone in one blog. I am still catching up on my sleep from it, actually. We went to Palmetto Bible Camp in Marietta, South Carolina for an entire week, yep seven days. We met some awesome people, made some awesome friends, and had some great Christian fun. It never ceases to amaze me how Christians have such bonds. I'd only met one or two people at this camp before the week began and I walked away with so many fun memories. I think that if there is a heaven on earth it's at camp. The singing is great, the fellowship is great, and fun is great, and God is always there. Who wouldn't love that.

I've attached several pictures for you all to see. I hope you will enjoy.

Oh, btw, there are so many pictures that were not taken by me. Most of these are from a girl named Kierra. She was one of the campers in cabin five with me. She's totally awesome. I totally bummed them from her facebook, with her permission of course!



Brittni, Hannibal, and Emily - some of the greatest counselors at camp




Jasmine (her friends call her Jazz) - one of the sweetest and coolest teenagers I had the opportunity to meet



Wes trying is hand at song leading. He did pretty well.


Jillian after being "banana-creme-pied"



Brian hiking up to the waterfall and then to the "sliding rock." (God-made water slide)


The base of the water fall


Team 5 (our team) playing human battleship



Pancake the dog taking an afternoon snooze




Our masquerade masks at the banquet





Water Slide (and the geese)






The Ark





The Miniature Golf Course


Canoeing on the lake


Our "helicopter" for our Coast Guard Skit




Our Boat for the skit




The driver




And the best shot of the weekend....on the way home, the boys slept...just like this.



tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

7 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

too funny! Jenny has a snapshot of her boys sleeping the same way!!

Chad said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I so miss going to camp.

Haley said...

I agree that Bible camp is heaven on earth! I know you like PBC but you should come to Gulf Coast next year and make it a family thing.... since ur brother-in-law directs two weeks and all! lol

Kelly said...

These are great!

I have often thought Heaven will be like a big youth rally. That'd be fun, huh?

And who's that guy with you in the mask?!?! Does Brian know?!?! ;o)

Emily said...

I totally agree about camp being a piece of heaven on earth! I did not get to go this year and I really missed it! Glad you had a such a good time!

Kim said...

LOL the picture of the boys sleeping is priceless! I am so happy that you and Brian are involved and working with kids. You are such a sweetie!!

DaddyB said...

I love me some Palmetto Bible Camp!!! I probably haven't been there in 10 years, but it is one of the most beautiful places in the world to me.