Monday, July 7, 2008

Helen and the 4th

Helen went to stay with my mom while we were at camp a few weeks ago. When we went to pick her up and she saw me she acted like she was being shy. After a few minutes with her she adjoined herself to my side and wouldn't leave. She gave me hugs and love and was very upset if I left her to go do anything. Helen has never been a huggie kind of person. She never really liked being held down long enough to give a hug, especially if I asked for one. Well, since that first minute we picked her up she's been a mommy's girl. I am so thankful for that. I think God knows I need a huggie/lovey little one. I have felt that I'd done something wrong for her not to want to love on me. I guess it just took a her a little while to realize the reason one would want to give a hug.




There has been very few people who could tear her away from me without taking her against her will and her wanting me back immediately. That person....yes....it's MIMI! Not daddy, not pawpaw, not uncle Ty like I thought it would be. It was Mimi! Isn't that so sweet! I have attached a picture of the Gray family that was taken this weekend in Carrollton (Helen is with Mimi). There are 4 generations of Gray represented here and it's so wonderful to see all of them. There are two families not represented that couldn't make it to the reunion and that is Eric (Brian's brother and his wife Haley) and Todd (Brian's first cousin and his wife and two children). That's 6 people we would have crammed into this picture. Thank the good Lord for family! The Grays are a great group and I love them so much. I'm glad I got the opportunity to be a part of them!









tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

4 comments:

CL said...

Thomas has been the same way ever since Tommy and I got back from Atlanta. He hangs on to me for dear life, afraid I'm going to leave again! It's kinda sweet!!

Leslie said...

That Mimi!!! What would we do without her?? She definitely loves her grandbabies!

Haley said...

We really wish we could have been there! But as always during the summer.... Eric was busy. Hope to see you guys soon. I cant wait to see Helen!

Brandi said...

I think it's funny that we both ended up in this big ole gray family together. I think it is very cool that we did too!! We have us a lot of fun together, I must say!! I got the cradle cap stuff you sent us. I haven't used it yet, but may try tomorrow. Thank you!